Mission Vision & Objectives
The Perinatal Society of Sri Lanka is a not-for-profit multidisciplinary organisation striving to promote continuing improvement in the quality of healthcare from pre-conception through birth of the baby and into infancy.
It advocates ideal and ethical care through education and research to influence national policies and encourage strategic collaboration among health-care providers and stakeholders in order to ensure optimal pregnancy outcomes for mothers and babies.
To be actively committed towards achieving continuous improvement in the quality of health care for mothers and infants by promoting networking for providers of perinatal healthcare, supporting education for providers and consumers as well as improving availability, accessibility and continuity of preventive and primary perinatal health care services together with promoting initiatives toward improving health care of mothers and infants.
- To advance the theory and practice of Perinatology to promote maternal, foetal and neonatal well-being in Sri Lanka
- To promote and maintain close cooperation among professionals working in the various fields related to Perinatology
- To encourage, promote and advance teaching, training and research in the field of Perinatology
- To provide expert advice to government and other stakeholders on matters pertaining to Perinatology
- To maintain liaison with other local and international organizations of professionals involved in Perinatology.
- To assist patient-support groups related to perinatology
- To assist or conduct training courses in Perinatology for health professionals for capacity building
- To work with the media to ensure that coverage of perinatal care is accurate and balanced
- To print, publish and distribute amongst professionals, literature and journals related to the field of Perinatology and advancements in this field
- To promote use of information technology to update knowledge among researchers and the general public